- The Krishnapatnam Port Authorities commissioned two Club 420s from XS Marines.
- In March XSM launched its first 40 ft Racing Cruiser, the XS 40 Stargazer, based on a Dudley Dix design, the second boat of its kind in the world, the first being built in Australia. The boat is ideal for both racing and cruising out of Mumbai Harbour.
- May 2018 marks an important milestone. XS Marines were awarded the sole dealership in India for NACRA, the North American Catamaran Racing Association, a budding Olympic Class boat which takes racing to the next level.
- November 2018 saw the birth of a smaller version of the XS40, the XS27 Cruising Racer Tikla Queen, also based on a Dudley Dix design.
- Two deep “V” Speedboats designs and moulds have been completed for 8-10 persons, suitable for rescue, sports fishing, diving or patrolling, also for the growing demand for Mumbai- Mandwa services.
- Between April to June 2017 six Int 420 boats were supplied to the (INSA) Indian Naval Sailing Association.
- In December our first two Int 420 boats were commissioned by EME Sailing Club Hyderabad.
- The first Club Optimist was well received at the Inland National Championship, Pawna Lake.
- The new Seabird XS 63 was launched with an innovative modern deck designed inhouse. The deck allows both cruising and racing sailors a greater level of comfort with the placement of equipment and whilst hiking out. Click here to read more about the new design
- International Measurer Mr. Barry Johnson was deputed by the International Sailing Federation (ISAF), on request of the “International 420 Class Association of India”. Mr. Barry Johnson has certified the measurements of the Int 420 boats built by XS Marines. XS Marines now appears as a certified licensed builder on the ISAF 420 Sailing website. Click here to view pictures of measurement
- Our biggest achievement was in the development work on extruding Spars locally in lengths ranging from 6 meters to 12.120 meters after almost 2 years of trials. In June 2014 we successfully extruded Spars in Aluminum Alloy 6063T6/6005T6 in two sizes. The first section size of 72mm x 58mm x 6300mm length (approx. 22 ft) was made specifically to cater to the locally sailed dingy classes as training spars for the Enterprise, Club 420, Int 420 and Int 470. Click here to read more
- September 2014 witnessed the completion of development work on our first 6 meter Sports Fishing Boat hull and deck mould. We plan to showcase the same in January 2015.
- XS Marines constructed a new mould for the Int. Lightning. Colaba Sailing Club was the proud owner of the first hull, Marlin.
- This year marked a very special stepping stone as it saw the completion of the new Seabird mould, allowing for a higher freeboard on the hull – the Seabird Mark 3HF was the outcome. Click here to know more about the Seabird Mark 3HF
- The first locally extruded aluminium alloy spar – mast section & boom section was developed for the Lightning Class boats of Colaba Sailing Club. These extrusions were made to meet the specifications of the International Lightning Class rules.
- TYPHOON Optimist spars were exported along with Praga Marine Optimist hulls to Algiers, followed by Mauritius in 2007, through an IODA scheme to promote sailing in developing countries. TYPHOON Racing Spars were part of the equipment offered at the IODA African Optimist Championship 2008 held in Mauritius.
2002 – 2003
- We were asked by the NOAI (National Optimist Association of India) to develop an Optimist class racing spar for the IODA 2003 Asian Championship. The new spar was developed under the brand TYPHOON. These racing spars were made in Alloy 7075T6 equivalent to the imported Black Gold Spars. We had 5 of the sailors using these spars finish in the top 10 as follows — 1,3,4,6,10. Click here to read more about Typhoon Spars