XS Marines has entered into a Production Agreement with Dudley Dix Designs to build boats in FRP locally in India. The XS40 is one such sailing boat. She is based on the famous Didi38/40CR platform and based on our agreement allowing us to modify the boats suitably we have created the XS40 in FRP. The first boat – “Stargazer” has been recently launched and one can see her regularly sailing in Mumbai harbor.
The XS40 is offered ready to sail with a Main, Jib Sail and Jenniker / Spinnaker along with its own Trolley. The boat is fitted with Harken fittings and furler, Marlow Ropes, Rigging wires from Blue Wave, Spars from 3Line – Turkey / Selden / Sparcraft, Sails from North / Quantum. The boat is well ventilated and has imported Hatches, Port holes and green electrical ventilators to keep the cabin well ventilated. However, the rest of the boat is completely indigenous i.e. all the SS Stantions / rails and other GM deck fittings and some blocks. The boat is equipped with a small Toilet area with a Jabisco Toilet, fresh water tanks with a electrical pressure pump / foot pump to ensure smooth flow of water into the basin.
The following electrical accessories are also provided – Electric Bilge Pumps, Set of Navigation lights on cabin and the mast, internal lighting to suit the client’s requirement.
Length overall: 40 ft 3 in / 12.20 mtrs
Length at waterline: 37 ft 5 in / 11.40 mtrs
Beam (max.): 11 ft 2 in / 3.40 mtrs
Standard draft: 7 ft 4 in / 2.25 mtrs
Head Room: 6 ft 3in / 1.9 mtrs
Displacement: 10470 – 11023 lbs / 4750 – 5000 kgs
Ballast: 4408 lbs / 2000 kgs
Water tank: 500 ltrs
Fuel tank: 150 ltrs
Sails area: 717 sqft / 66.60 sq mtrs
Mainsail: 412 sqft / 38.28 sg mtrs
Genoa: 150%: 123 sqft / 43.85 sq mtrs
I (rating): 47ft 1in/ 14.35 mtrs
J (rating): 13ft 5in / 4.10 mtrs
P (rating): 46ft 11in / 14.30 mtrs
E (rating): 17ft 6 in / 5.35 mtrs
Description / Scope of Work for the supply of the XS40 Sailing Boat
The Boat being offered will be built in FRP as per the design specifications.
- The Boat frames / structure will be made in line with the designer’s requirements and will be fitted out as per his plan.
- Mast & Boom – The mast & boom will be imported from 3 Line – Turkey which is a leading mast manufacturing company in Turkey. The mast will be duly fitted out with imported fittings as per design requirements with SS 1×19 wire rigging from M/s Blue Wave. Note: The Aluminum Extrusions are from France.
- Control Lines – All control lines will be imported Marlow ropes. (Club D2- 12mm, 10mm)
- Deck Fittings – The deck fittings will be imported from Harken / Lewmar / Antal / Spinlock / XSM fittings. Most of the Deck blocks are 3 inch / 75mm dia.
- Sails – Main, Jib & Jenniker or Spinnaker manufactured by North Sails / Quantum / Lee Sails. ( Basic Set offered with boat)
- Engine – The boat will be equipped with an imported Inboard Diesel Engine (28 to 33HP) from Sole Diesel or Yanmar.
- Miscellaneous Equipment – The boat will be provided with 8 nos. fenders, horse shoe buoy with light and 2 nos fire extinguishers.
- Steering – The boat will be equipped with an imported steering wheel system – Lewmar,Edson or Jefa
Navigational Instruments – The navigational instrumentation package will include the following:
- Simrad GO7, ROW XSE TotalScan 7″ Multi-touch chart plotter with built in Echosounder, GPS and NMEA 2000 interface.
- NAIS-500 + NSPL500 kit. Includes GPS500 antenna and 1.8 m (6ft) Micro-C cable and T connector.
- Simrad RS20 Class D DSC VHF Radio: Entry level VHF radio with NMEA2000 connectivity for GPS position, backlight control and night mode grouping with Simrad MFD’s.m
- IS42 Digital Display: Multi-purpose sailing instrument and autopilot display with a 4.1-inch colour screen, optically bonded for zero condensation and featuring transflective LCD technology for exceptional contrast and visibility in all lighting conditions. 8mm mounting height matches other Simrad MFD’s and system components.
- DST800 active D/S/T TH plastic 235 kHz transducer.
- Wind sensor with 20m (66 ft) cable. To connect wind sensors to a NMEA 2000 Micro-C network
- GS25 Antenna with built in rate compass. 10 Hz position update rate. Build in rate compass is perfect for for providing heading data for Radar Chart Overlay and for orienting charts in Head Up Mode. Note: This heading sensor is not recommended for MARPA or Autopilot control! Please use the Precision 9 for this.
- N2K-T-RD – Micro-C T-connector for connection of an additional network device.
- NMEA 2000 Micro-C Network starter kit: Includes Network power cable, 4.5 m (15 ft) N2K cable, 3 x T-connectors, 2 x network terminators.
- N2KEXT-6RD – 1.82 m (6-ft) NMEA 2000® cable for backbone extension or drop cable to connect an additional network device.
- AS-Y050 : MAX-N+ C: ASIA SOUTH CONTINENTAL : Indian Ocean and Asia – Continental or Europe Continental.
- Navico 1720 VHF antenna, 1.1 m (3 ft) stainless masthead whip with bracket @ 3dB
- The interior of the boat will have a Sleeping area just aft / behind the forward Anchor well / crash bulkhead. A Rexene covered Cushion sleeping mattress will be part of the supply suitable for this sleeping area, The Bathroom will have a pump handle Toilet from Jabisco or any other marine company, A fresh water collapsible tank will be available with an electric pump run on battery power for the toilet and small kitchenette. A small kitchen platform with a gas stove single /dual burner, a Small wash basin and an imported 40 ltr Vitrifrigo Refrigerator will be there to complement the boat.
- The boat is provided with two inbuilt water tanks molded inside the hull under the salon seats on either side of the Keel – each water tank is approx. 250/300 ltrs. Situated above the Keel is the Diesel FRP tank suitable for 200 ltrs of Diesel.
- There will be two rear/stern cabins as sleeping accommodation which will be offered under the Deck and will have a suitable sleeping Mattress with rexin cover.
- The Interiors of the boat will be offered with laminate or with cushioned lining. Furnishings will be in Teak / Sal / pine wood based on the exact requirement of the different locations. Floorboards will be of Marine Grade Plywood with a laminate or PVC laminated flooring.
Click here to view news article in Mumbai mirror featuring the XS 40
Click here to view XS 40 featured on India Yacht Page